France dominated the 2014 edition of Cartoons on The Bay, taking home six Pulcinella Awards at Venice event that ran April 10-12.
The winners of the competition are as follows:
• TV Series for Preschool: Patchwork Pals (Germany)
• TV Series for Kids: The Jungle Bunch to the Rescue! (France)
• TV Series for Teen: Grami’s Circus Show (South Korea)
• Educational and Social Issues Work: Kiki of Montparnasse (France)
• TV Pilot: Hello World! (France)
• Advertising and Promotional Work: Sammontana: The Story of a Smile
• Interactive Animation: Metro: Last Light (Ukraine)
• Short Film: Bad Toys II (France)
• Best European Work: Faces from Places (France)
• Best Animated Character: The Centipede and the Toad (France)
• Best Score: The Night of the Bear (Switzerland)
Also announced were the three winning projects of the Pitch Me competition: Elements Experiments, by Sinne Mutsaers and Marco Bonini; Blanco, by Marco Farace and Benedetto Sicca; and Nando Power: A Superhero in Moscow Italian, by Lorenzo Garbuglia.
The festival also presented lifetime achievement awards to Russian animator Aleksandr Petrov and Argentinean animator Guillermo Mordillo, known to most as simply Mordillo.
The festival paid special attention to Russia, which was chosen as the guest country for this year’s event. In addition to Petrov, top Russian animators in attendance included four-time Oscar nominee and jury member Konstantin Bronzit, Ivan Maximov, Igor Kovalyov and Vadim Sotskov.