Cartoon Network and Adult Swim have announced a prolific lineup of panels, signings, screenings and other events at the New York Comic-Con, set for Oct. 13-16 at the Jacob Javits Center in Manhattan.
The networks’ plans include hosting nine panels, three signing sessions and three screenings, as well as creating a Cartoon Network Lounge in the Javits lobby where fans can play video games, watch episodes of Adventure Time and pick up some exclusive give-aways including an exclusive and limited Adventure Time figure of Finn.
The full lineup of events, as provided by the networks, follows:
FRIDAY, OCT. 14
- ADULT SWIM: The Venture Bros. 4:15–5 p.m. Location: IGN Theater. Talent: Jackson Publick (co-creator) and Doc Hammer (co-creator). The Venture Bros show creators Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer, perennial Comic-Con favorites, will discuss their original series and answer questions that have been submitted by fans on AdultSwimPresents.com/NYCC. Launched on Adult Swim in August 2004, The Venture Bros. is an inspired spoof of 1960s action cartoon shows such as Jonny Quest. The animated series follows the bizarre misadventures of the Venture family, which includes world-renowned Dr. Venture, his dimwitted sons Hank and Dean as well as Brock Samson, their bodyguard assigned by the government to keep an eye on the family who is then promptly forgotten by the Feds.
- ADULT SWIM: Robot Chicken. 5:15-6 p.m. Location: IGN Theater. Talent: Seth Green (co-creator), Matt Senreich (co-creator), Zeb Wells (writer) and Doug Goldstein (head writer and co-producer). Seth Green (co-creator), Matthew Senreich (co-creator), Zeb Wells (writer), and Doug Goldstein (head writer and co-producer) discuss their incredibly-popular and award-winning series Robot Chicken and provide a sneak peek of season 5.5, premiering Oct. 23rd at 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT) on Adult Swim. Created by Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, the Emmy Award-winning Robot Chicken uses stop-motion animation to bring pop-culture parodies to life in a modern take on the variety/sketch show format.
SATURDAY, OCT. 15
- ADULT SWIM: Superjail! 4-4:30 p.m. Location: Room 1A06 Talent: Christy Karacas (creator and executive producer) , Stephen Warbrick (creator and executive producer), Jackson Publick, Janine DiTullio. Join creators and executive producers Christy Karacas and Stephen Warbrick with Jackson Publick and Janine DiTullio as they discuss their Adult Swim series Superjail! and preview never-before-seen footage! Fast-paced animation, flying guts, creepy underlings, and plenty of prison fights dominate the Warden’s chaotic prison in Superjail! The blood flows like wine and the line between criminal and keeper gets blurrier by the minute. Picture a kaleidoscope of entrails meets Jon Waters meets Shawshank damnation plus a sweaty muscle woman minus primetime sensibility. You are hereby guilty of being given what you asked for.
- ADULT SWIM: Eagleheart. 4:45–5:15 p.m. Location: Room 1A06 Talent: Chris Elliot, Jason Woliner, Andrew Weinberg, Michael Koman, Maria Thayer. Join series star Chris Elliott with Jason Woliner, Andrew Weinberg, Michael Koman, Maria Thayer as they discuss the live-action comedy Eagleheart and show exclusive footage from the upcoming new season. Produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco Productions and Dakota Pictures, the series premiered in February and recently wrapped production of its second season, which is slated to premiere in the spring of 2012. Every episode of Eagleheart promises violence, suspense, intrigue and copious amounts of needless bloodshed as Marshal Chris Monsanto (Elliott) blindly kicks, punches and shoots his way to what may or may not be a legitimate solution to his case.
- ADULT SWIM: The Heart, She Holler. 5:30-6:15 p.m. Location: Room 1A06. Talent: Patton Oswalt, Kristen Schaal, Heather Lawless, Leo Fitzpatrick, Joe Sikora, John Lee (executive producer), Alyson Levy (executive producer). Adult Swim presents The Heart, She Holler, an original live-action series that explores the dramatic lives of a small community living in a hillbilly town. Series stars Patton Oswalt (United States of Tara), Kristen Schaal (The Flight of the Conchords), Heather Lawless (Be Kind Rewind), Leo Fitzpatrick (El Camino), and Joe Sikora (Shutter Island) join co-executive producers John Lee and Alyson Levy to show never-before-seen footage of this new original live-action series that will premiere on Adult Swim this fall.
- ADULT SWIM: Delocated! 6:30-7 p.m. Location: Room 1A06. Talent: Jon Glaser (creator and executive producer), Steve Cirbus, Janeane Garofalo, Jacob Kogan, Yung-I Chang, Ali Farahnakian. Delocated! creator/executive producer and star Jon Glaser is on hand along with Steve Cirbus, Janeane Garofalo, Jacob Kogan, Yung-I Chang and Ali Farahnakian to reveal exclusive footage from the upcoming third season of the show premiering on Adult Swim this fall as well as answer questions about the series. Delocated! is a live-action series about “Jon,” who after testifying against the Russian Mafia has to live undercover through the witness protection program. After existing quietly in an anonymous suburb, “Jon” accepts an offer to participate in a reality show based on his life. In order to protect his identity with television audiences—and more importantly, the Russian mob family the Mirminsky’s—he wears a ski mask and has his voice surgically disguised.
- ADULT SWIM: China, IL. Exclusive Screening and Q&A. 7:15-8 p.m. Location: Room 1A06. Talent: Brad Neely (creator) and Daniel Weidenfeld (executive producer). Adult Swim presents an exclusive screening of a never-before-aired episode of their newest animated comedy China, IL. Frank and Steve Smith are brothers who teach in the history department of a state university in China, IL. They also happen to be legends in their own minds who will often sacrifice facts, lessons and syllabi for the sake of being awesome. Created by Brad Neely and produced by Titmouse, Inc., China, IL is a reverse Animal House where the teachers are crazy and the students just want to learn. Creator Brad Neely and executive producer Daniel Weidenfeld will be on hand for a lively Q&A.
- ADULT SWIM: Black Dynamite. 8:15-9 p.m. Location: Room 1A06. Talent: Michael Jai White, Byron Minns, Kym Whitley, Carl Jones (executive producer), and Scott Sanders (producer). Black Dynamite is an exciting new animated series coming to Adult Swim in 2012 and is based on 2009’s critically-acclaimed feature film. The series further chronicles the exploits of Black Dynamite and his crew. Cast members Michael Jai White (Black Dynamite), Byron Minns (Bullhorn), Kym Whitley (Honeybee), executive producer Carl Jones, and producer Scott Sanders will host a Q&A and show never-before-seen footage!
SUNDAY, OCT. 16
- CARTOON NETWORK: Adventure Time / Regular Show Panel and Q&A. 11 a.m.-noon. Location: 1A06. Talent: Adventure Time – Pendleton Ward (Creator/ Lumpy Space Princess), Jeremy Shada (Finn) and Tom Kenny (Ice King); Regular Show talent includes creator J.G. Quintel (Creator/ Mordecai), Bill Salyers (Rigby) and Sam Marin (Pops, Benson, Muscle Man). Cartoon Network is dominating Monday nights with the FUNNIEST night on television, and we’re bringing the inside scoop to Comic Con! Join creators and talent from Adventure Time and Regular Show as they talk about how these two comedy hits came to life, screen upcoming episodes, share what’s in store for your favorite characters this season, answer questions and more! Adventure Time introduces viewers to unlikely heroes Finn and Jake, buddies who traverse the mystical Land of Ooo and encounter its colorful inhabitants. The best of friends, our heroes always find themselves in the middle of heart-pounding escapades. Regular Show features Mordecai, a six-foot-tall blue jay, and Rigby, a hyperactive raccoon, great friends and groundskeepers at a park whose attempts to escape their everyday boredom take them to fantastical extremes.
- CARTOON NETWORK: Ben 10 / Generator Rex: Heroes United Screening and Q&A. 12:30-1:45 p.m. Location: 1A22. Cartoon Network’s top animated action heroes – Ben 10 and Generator Rex – team up for an exciting panel at New York Comic Con … and for an out-of-this-world adventure! In the middle of a battle, Ben Tennyson is drawn into a vortex and lands in an alternate world infected by nanites! Ben must team up with Rex to defeat a common enemy who covets the Omnitrix and Omega Nanite! In the midst of battle, Ben Tennyson is drawn into a vortex and lands in an alternate world infected by nanites … the world of Generator Rex! Ben and Rex will face off before realizing they must unite to battle a common enemy who threatens both of their worlds!
- CARTOON NETWORK: Level Up World Premiere Screening. 2-3:30 p.m. Location: 1A22. It’s time to Level Up your Comic Con experience with the WORLD PREMIERE SCREENING of Cartoon Network’s funniest original movie for the video game age! Level Up introduces three high school gamers who unwittingly open a portal from an online game, allowing the in-game creatures and mayhem to escape into the real world! The trio must put aside their differences and join forces to play the game for real in order to save their neighborhood (and the world!) from ultimate evil! Be among the first to see Level Up before it premieres on Cartoon Network in November, with an explosive TV series to follow in 2012.
ADULT SWIM AUTOGRAPH SIGNINGS
- Venture Bros. signing. Friday, Oct. 14, 1-2 p.m., Room 1E07. Talent: Jackson Publick, Doc Hammer
- Robot Chicken signing, Friday, Oct. 14, 2:30-3:30 p.m., Room 1E07. Talent: Seth Green (co-creator), Matt Senreich (co-creator), Zeb Wells (writer) and Doug Goldstein (head writer and co-producer)
- Black Dynamite signing, Sat., Oct. 15, 2-3 p.m., Room 1E07. Talent: Michael Jai White, Byron Minns, Kym Whitley, Carl Jones (executive producer), and Scott Sanders (producer).