Beakus and Aardman lead the pack of nominees for the biennial British Animation Awards.
Among studios, Astley Baker Davies has two nominations for Best Preschool and Best Voice Performance, while the Royal College of Art in London has produced two of the three finalists in the Best Student Award category and Fieldtrip has two nods in the Best 2D Commercial category.
The series Peppa Pig is up for a second BAA for Best PreSchool Series for the episode “Mr. Bull in a China Shop.”
Additionally, three Public Choice Awards will be announced at the awards ceremony, which will be held March 7 at the British Film Institute in London.
The full list of finalists:
Best Voice Performance
- Ben & Holly’s Little Kingdom: Nanny’s Magic Test | Morwenna Banks | Astley Baker Davies
- The Hungry Corpse | Bill Nighy | Beakus Ltd
- Compost Corner | Tim Dann | CITV
Best Long Form
- Room on the Broom | Max Lang & Jan Lauchauer | Magic Light Pictures.
- Pirates: In An Adventure with Scientists | Peter Lord | Aardman Animations & Sony Pictures Animation
- The Snowman & The Snowdog | Hilary Audus | Lupus Films.
Best Preschool Series
- Peppa Pig: Mr Bull in a China Shop | Philip Hall & Joris van Hulzen | Astley Baker Davies for Nick Jnr & eOne entertainment.
- Q Pootle 5: The Groobie Woogie | Adam Shaw | Snapper Productions & Q Pootle Ltd for CBeebies.
- Sarah & Duck: Bobsleigh | Tim O’Sullivan | Karrot Animation for CBeebies
Best Children‘s Series
- Shaun the Sheep: The Stand Off | Lee Wilton | Aardman Animations for CBBC
- Compost Corner | Westley Wood | CITV
- Amazing World of Gumball: The Apology | Ben Boquelet & Mic Graves | Cartoon Network Studio Europe / SOI Studio.
Best Mixed Media Children’s
- Baby Jake: Popping Peas | Maddy Darrall & Rafa Canales | Darrall Macqueen Ltd for CBeebies.
- Num Tums: No 5 | Steve Smith | Beakus Ltd for CBeebies
- Get Squiggling Letters: Letter A | Dan Edgley & Adrian Hedley | Dot to Dot Productions Ltd for CBeebies.
Best Music Video
- Benjamin Scheuer: The Lion | Peter Baynton | Radish Pictures Ltd for Escapist Records.
- Atoms for Peace: Before Your Very Eyes | directed by Andrew Thomas Huang | Colonel Blimp for XL Recordings
- Savages: Marshal Dear | Gergely Wootsch | Beakus Ltd for Matador Records
Best Commissioned Animation
- NPSCC: Sarah’s Story | Moth Collective | Moth Collective for YCN.
- Apodemy | Katerina Athanasopoulou | Independent Production for the Onassis Foundation
- RSPB: Vote for Nature | Morgan Powell & Neil Kidney | Seed Animation for RSPB.
Best 2D Commercial
- Barclays: Life Skills | Marc Reisbig | Fieldtrip for BBH.
- WWF: We Don”t Farm Like This | againstallodds | Fieldtrip for John St.
- Mindfull | Shay Hamias & Will Barras | Th1ng for M&C Saatchi
Best 3D Commercial
- TSB: The Story | Marc Craste | Studio AKA for Joint London.
- Talk Talk: Model Britain | Daniel Kleinman | Glassworks & Rattling Stick for CHI + Partners.
- Honda: Hands | Smith & Foulkes | Nexus Productions for Wieden + Kennedy, London.
Best Film/TV Graphics
- Filth Credits | Frater | Agile Films.
- BBC Olympics: Stadium UK | Pete Candeland | Passion Pictures.
- Gumball: Machine | Damian Hook & Daniel Fuller | Blue-Zoo Productions
Best Short Film
- Marilyn Myller | Mikey Please | Blink Ink
- Everything I Can See From Here | Sam Taylor & Bjorn-Erik Aschim |
- In the Air Is Christopher Gray | Felix Massie | Nexus Productions
Best Student Film
- Anomalies | Ben Cady | Royal College of Art.
- Shirley Temple | Daniela Sherer | Royal College of Art.
- Day I Killed my Best Friend | Antonio J Busto Algarin | Middlesex University
- Laughing Policeman | Marcus Armitage | University for the Creative Arts,
- Gutenberg | Amalie Vilmar | University of Westminster
- I am Tom Moody | Ainslie Henderson | Edinburgh College of Art
Best Motion Graphics
- Handle with Care | Jun Iwakawa | Ticktockrobot
- Darkside | Darren Dubicki | Aardman Animations |
- Apocalypse Rhyme | Oliver Harrison | Animate Projects and Lupus Films for Channel 4.