Guillermo del Toro’s upcoming sci-fi action adventure Pacific Rim has...
36 New Projects to Launch at Asian Animation Summit
More than 36 new animated projects from producers in Australia, Malaysia, Korea and Singapore will be presented at the first annual Asian Animation Summit (AAS) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on December 10 & 11. This new event is designed to stimulate co-production and co-financing by showcasing these early-stage concepts to an audience of potential co-producers, broadcasters, distributors and investors from Asia and also the international market.
Among the shows that are listed as partially financed—have raised 15% of their budgets and are looking for further financing—are:
- Circus Show – Studio Gale (Korea)
- DuniaEicak (The World of Eicak) – Addeen Multimedia (Malaysia)
- Exchange Student Zero – Cartoon Network Asia Pacific
- Fantastic Forest – Chocolate Liberation Front (Australia)
- Harry & Bunny Show – Animasia Studio (Malaysia)
- Herb & Ray’s Yum – Sticky Pictures (Australia)
- KEMY (Season 2) – GNG Entertainment (Korea)
- Oddbods – One Animation (Singapore)
- Origanimals – Giggle Garage (Malaysia)
- PadaZamanDahulu (Once Upon a Time): Season 3 – Les Copaque Productions (Malaysia)
- Prisoner Zero – Planet 55 Studios (Australia)
- Rimba Racer – Glue Studios (Malaysia)
- Skyrunners – Beyond Screen Productions (Australia)
- Super Mega Hyper Pets – Flying Bark Productions (Australia)
- Ted & Dory Detectives – Sunwoo Entertainment (Korea)
- The Eggsperts – RE Productions (Australia)
- Zoorocco – Tripod Entertainment (Malaysia)
The Asian Animation Summit is an initiative of Australia’s ABC TV, Korea’s KOCCA and Malaysia’s MDeC, and is produced and owned by Kidscreen.