Eleven animation TV series and feature films projects from Latin-America, Spain, Italy and Philippines have been selected to participate in the 4th international Bridging the Gap – Animation Lab, taking place July 15-21 in Tenerife, Spain. The selected projects were chosen from a total of 84 proposals, received from 19 countries. With six projects, animation from Latin-America leads the selection, followed by Spain (3), Italy (1) and Philippines (1).
Organized inside the framework of the Program ACERCA of Training for Development in the cultural sector of Spanish Cooperation, this initiative aims to strengthen and promote, at an international level, animation projects from all over the world and facilitate the creation of international collaborations and networks. Since its first edition in 2015, BTG has strengthened and promoted 40 animation feature films and series from all over the world at an international level.
The 2018 selections are:
- The Adventures of Eloisa by Ana Comes & Agustina Comedi (Argentina)
- Mechathlon by Juan Diego León & Milton Guerrero (Peru)
- Millennials and How to Identify Them by Diego Porral Soldevilla (Spain)
- Gang Tracking by Juan Ángel Andino & Nahuel Poggi (Argentina, Chile)
- The Pleasefixers by Ariel Arburola & Carlos Redondo (Costa Rica)
- Princess Greta of Kalamata by Teresa & Salomé Rodríguez Hage (Spain)
- Tally Molly by Marta Gennari (Ecuador, Italy, Poland)
- What Would Jesus Do? by Andrea Cataño & Julián Hernández (Colombia)
- Wooden Mirror by Sergio Sanchez Navarro (Italy, Spain)
- Capablanca’s Secret by Álvaro Castellanos, Alejandro Cruz & Irene Fernández (Spain)
- You Son of a Bitch! by David Liongoren (Philippines)
Several companies and institutions as well as the event organization itself have provided scholarships that make participation of the selected projects possible.
The seven day lab will put the selected creators through training activities, networking and individual advisory meetings with international experts to strengthen their projects. The event will culminate with a final pitch of all projects in the presence of producers, buyers and broadcasters.
Confirmed professionals lending their expertise are producers Nicolas Schmerkin (Autour de Minuit, France) and Manuel Cristóbal (Dragoia Media, Spain); the directors and animators Jossie Malis (Zumbakamera, Peru) and Maroto (Spain); the script-writer and adviser Carlos Bleycher (Chile); the consultant Paco Rodríguez (MTC, Spain); the sales agent Eleanor Coleman (Indie Sales, France); representatives of TV channels and VoD platforms such as Guadalupe Arensburg (Movistar+, Spain) and Shamik Majumdar (The Walt Disney Company, UK) and investor Risa Cohen (European Film Bonds, Denmark).
More information at www.bthegap.com.