Software Industry Promotion Agency
The Software Industry Promotion Agency (SIPA) is a public organization, established on September 24, 2003 under the administrative supervision of the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology. SIPA acts as a lead agency that develops plans and policies to advocate Thai software industry with a focus on promoting and developing software and digital content entrepreneurs, improving human resource, supporting investments and market opportunities, boosting research activities and technology instructions as well as supporting and developing measures to protect the Intellectual Property Rights to software. The goal is to make Thai software industry domestically and internationally recognized. Thus, this is consistent with the Government Policy that defines a development of software industry as a main strategy to build competitiveness of the country.
Major Tasks of SIPA as to promoting Thai software and digital content Industry:
· Define human resource development plans and policies by propelling education and training to elevate knowledge, skills and expertise
· Create employment opportunities in software industry
· Upgrade Thai software enterprises’ potentials by supporting research activities and technology instruction programs
· Stimulate investments in software industry by recommending tax exemptions and benefit measures
· Provide information technology to governmental and private sectors; support the use of Thai software products and reduce imports.
· Promote collaboration with other countries in expanding marketing network and introducing Thai software products to international users